Just Listen

A place for me to voice out what is hidden deep inside my heart. Hope you will enjoy this. Just listen...



又圆了的月亮 by 郭采洁

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

I look like what???

Is my face that common-looking that I can look like whoever you think of? I got the weirdest comment you can ever imagine. Maybe my face is just too common that it looks like everybody...

Someone once said I look like an anime character, with my big big eyes and all. I think it is kind of funny because it will be very weird if an anime character really comes to life. Her eyes will be too big and with what seems like lines for the nose and very very small lips. It will just be too weird.

Then someone said I look like a cartoon. They could not think of what cartoon I simply represent. After some serious thinking, they finally concluded that I just have a look of cartoons. I somehow look like a cartoon to them, which is very awkward. A cartoon? Until now I cannot figure out whether it is to be taken as a compliment or an insult.


I went to redbox with my friends once and sang Jolin Tsai's songs. Then, some of them started saying I look like her. My friend who likes to pinch people (you know who you are) even said I look like Jolin, before she became pretty. She was not so pretty then you know. How dare she! It hurts me so badly to hear her say that.

What surprises me most is this. Today, out of the blues, my lecturer suddenly said I look like A Mei and I think she meant Zhang Hui Mei. I was totally shocked. This is a first! Since when do I look like her? This is just getting too weird. I should create my own identity from now. Why can't people just say I look like me?

People nowadays think too much...

1 Comments:

At 11:45 AM, Blogger SJ said...

haiyoyo..JiLin...so kesian u..for me, u don't look like anyone..u r urself..that's ur look..don care what ppl say...
i'm in this situation before when i was in Form 1..u know Mulan??not the cartoon Mulan..a HK girl who acted Mulan..my malay teacher said i look like her...i was huh??me look like her???so funny...for me u r u..u don't look like anyone..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home