Just Listen

A place for me to voice out what is hidden deep inside my heart. Hope you will enjoy this. Just listen...



又圆了的月亮 by 郭采洁

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Spent my money

Slowly walking on the shining floors of a shopping complex, peering at the displays through the windows, wondering how come they always look so good on the models but never on me...

Stepping into a boutique, browsing through the clothes neatly hanging on the hangers, secretly wishing I had more money... Actually I do not even know why I am taking the risk of spending money when I obviously do not have much. *Sigh* Anyway, I went into this boutique and I spotted nice shoes below the hanging clothes. (Yes, I found shoes in a boutique.) I stared at them for ages. They were the shoes I like, the shoes I long to have, the shoes I have been looking for...

I love to buy Japanese fashion magazines. I love the style it carries. And there right before my eyes were the kind of shoes that appeared in those magazines. I have to have them! (Obviously at that time, my sense of not wanting to spend anymore has long gone.)

I saw a lovely pair of green striped shoes. I tried them on but they were too tight. They were however beautiful and so cute! At least to me, they were cute and I liked them. I asked the salesgirl to get me a bigger size but she said there are no more of those. I was so sad. Well, I can't blame them. It was a boutique. They focus on selling clothes. So they probably only have one of each size for shoes.

I saw another pair of shoes that were of the size I wanted. They were of the exact design as the green one, except that they were in red. I tried them on. They were the perfect fit! I hesitated for a very long time in that shop. I wanted these shoes but they were not the colour I wanted. The green ones were so much better. Oh why must my feet be so big!

I bought the red ones in the end. I was happy for a very short time before feeling a little bit stupid. The shoes were the last pair left and the inside of the right shoe was coming off a bit. Still, I bought them. When I reached home, I tried to remove the sticker indicating the size that was sticked inside the shoes. I quickly left them as they were because as I pulled the sticker off, the surface of the shoes were also being pulled off. So now, the stickers are still there, spoiling the perfect look of the shoes.

I feel so unwise as a consumer. They should have cost lower. I should not have bought them as they were not in perfect condition. But then, my love towards the shoes blinded me. I bought them anyway. I love them. That's the most important, right? Hope they really do look good on me. My sense of style sometimes is a bit dissappointing...

I love my shoes! Although that may make me a silly consumer, I still love them. For now at least...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home