Just Listen

A place for me to voice out what is hidden deep inside my heart. Hope you will enjoy this. Just listen...



又圆了的月亮 by 郭采洁

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Fairyland

Other meadows out there... What will it be like?

My world here is dying. I can sense it. Some fairies I've known have moved on, flew to other places once they got the chance. They never came back, so I would not know how it's like out there. I wish I knew. Lillie once said she flew to "the other place". She claimed that the flowers there have so much morning dew on it that you can only come out at night just to avoid the sparkle that could hurt your eyes. Of course I did not believe it. Lillie was never the daring type. She did not even have the guts to fly up high enough to retrieve her kite, just because she thought the stars were angry with her for disturbing their sleep. She would not have gone that far.

I am afraid of other worlds out there. What if I can't find other meadows? What if I can't find a special kind of flower I can call my home? What if Grandma was right and there really are those horrible things that will eat fairies up out there? I just wish I knew. But someday I will have to leave. I must. I just can't stand it here anymore. I can no longer call this my home...

The wind here is dying. My wings have become so heavy I can't fly up to look down at my lovely (once lovely) home anymore. This used to be my favourite thing to do. The fairies here have turned ugly. Every fairy starts fighting for power, hurt fairies behind their backs, not smiling anymore... It has become very frightening, and the scariest part is I don't know when it started.

I can't stay here any longer. I'm afraid. I'm afraid that I might be one of them someday. I don't want that...

So I'll leave someday. I'll have to leave behind my home, and find a new one. Although I'll miss everything here, I'll have to go. Even if I don't know what's out there, I'll have to go. To save myself, I'll have to go. Even if I'm the last fairy existing, I'll go... Because this is my life, and I'll live it whatever way I want. Because I have only one life and this is it.

Other meadows out there... What will it be like? I'll soon find out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home